ISO 55000 has been around for a while but there still remains questions around what it is, why we have it and what it means for the industry as a whole. Watch this video from Mainstream Conference USA to hear four of the leading practitioners in the industry discuss these questions and more in an attempt to demystify ISO 55000.
Drew Troyer – Principal, Sigma Reliability Solutions
Cliff Williams – Corporate Director of Maintenance, ERCO Worldwide
Robert Williamson – International Reliability & Maintenance Expert, Strategic Work Systems, Inc.
Terry Wireman – Senior Vice President, Vesta Global
Watch this video to hear the panel discuss:
- What is ISO 55,000, how did we get there, why do we have it?
- What does it mean for the industry?
- Why should the industry care that it exists?
- What’s going to drive it?
- Should we comply to the standard just to get certified or should we be committed to the standard?
- Do companies need to tap into other resources in order to come up with a plan to implement ISO 55000?
Four Important Steps When Implementing ISO 55000
On almost any occasion and in any country one can find an article in their newspaper about some sort of industrial mishap due to the mismanagement of equipment. The ISO 55000 Standards are in place to help organizations prevent this kind of mismanagement by defining the best practice for asset management. But there are some important steps you need to take when implementing ISO 55000, Terry Wireman – SVP, Strategy, Vesta Partners explains what you need to know. Read more…